Landscape photography is the art of capturing the beauty of nature and the outdoors in a way that brings the spectator into the scene. From impressive landscapes to intimate details, the best photos reveal the photographer’s own connection to nature and imprison the essence of the world around them.
Vijaya Prakash Boggala: A passionate photographer
Vijay has several years of experience in photography especially in landscape photography. He says that whether an individual is an experienced photographer or just starting, in order to click the stunning landscape photographs one may need to follow certain simple guidelines.
Vijaya Prakash Boggala says that landscape photography is basically about planning. One should always have a clear idea of where they are planning to go, and at what time of the day they will be able to capture the best photograph. He says that at times the photographer may want to get a little more imaginative and investigate with narrow depth of fields in the landscape photography but the normal approach is to focus on the scene. The easiest way to do this is to select a small Aperture setting because the smaller the aperture is the greater will be the depth of field in the shots.
Following are some of the other guidelines that one should follow in order to click outstanding landscape photographs:
- Like all other kinds of photography, landscape photos also require a focal point. Focal points can take many forms in landscapes and can range from a tree, structure, building, rock formation to a boulder as well.
- Always make sure to use the best light. Remember that light is considered to be one of the most important factors in any photograph. For example, stunning landscape photos can be shot even in the cloudy or stormy days and this can be made possible only by using the right kind of light.
- In order to capture the best photographs at any point of the day or at any place, it becomes important to use a Tripod. Tripod can help to hold the camera in a steady way and this in turn will prevent the images from getting blurred or fuzzy.
- Vijaya says that as much as possible one should always target to get their composition right when taking the photo, instead of relying on post-production. If the scene does not look right when one looks at it through the viewfinder, then it would not look fine in the final production as well.
- Another thing that can set apart the landscape shots is to think cautiously about the forefront of the shots and by placing points of interest in them. When one does this it will give those viewing the shot a way into the picture as well as can create a sense of depth in the shot.
Vijaya Prakash Boggala also writes medical abstracts and loves to watch live sports and take part in the DIY projects. Vijaya has zeal for painting especially oil and acrylic paints. At present, Vijaya Prakash Boggala stays in Greensboro, North Carolina, and has a four year old son.